Uzunohana Online has created "Dried Pressed Flowers User Guide" for those who will be using dried edible flowers [Uzunohana] "Dried Pressed Flowers". This guide includes basic information on "Dried Pressed Flowers," recipes, and storage methods.
- What are "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers"?
- Differences and characteristics between edible flowers (fresh flowers) and dried edible flowers "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers"
- "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers" lineup
- How to use "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers" and recipes
- How to preserve "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers"
- How to order "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers"
1. What are "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers"?
Dried edible flowers "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers" are edible flowers that can be preserved at room temperature, which we handle from cultivation to processing and sales of the edible flowers used as raw materials. Because they can be preserved at room temperature, they can be used in baked goods and candies, which was not possible with fresh edible flowers, and they can be stored, distributed, and sold at room temperature.
2. Differences and characteristics between edible flowers (fresh flowers) and dried edible flowers "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers"
As described on this page, we ship approximately 200,000 edible flowers (fresh flowers) per year, but there was a problem that had to be overcome in order to sell edible flowers (fresh flowers) from Naruto City, Tokushima Prefecture in Japan, a regional city where we are located.
The problem was the "product delivery barrier".
Although edible flowers are not a high unit price product, they must be shipped by refrigerated delivery service. This meant that in some areas, shipping costs had to be set at the same level as the price of the product, which placed a heavy burden on the customers who purchased them. In addition, since edible flowers are perishable vegetables that require very strict temperature control, the products sometimes arrived in a damaged state due to "overcooling" or "overwarming" during delivery.
To solve these problems, we developed dried edible flowers "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers" with hints from a confectionery factory in Tochigi Prefecture in Japan. This factory makes cookies using edible pressed flowers, and they asked us to produce the pressed flowers to be pasted on the cookies. Because they are pressed flowers, shipping costs can be kept much lower than for fresh edible flowers. Convinced that the production and sale of these edible pressed flowers is what people all over Japan are expecting, our research group started to develop a production method for edible pressed flowers, and after a trial and error process, we launched the product as "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers" in 2019. We are now producing about 500,000 pieces per year. In 2022, we will begin selling our products in the U.S. through Amazon.com, and we will continue to further expand our manufacturing and sales channels. .
3. "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers" lineup
Uzunohana Online offers "Dried Pressed Flowers" of pansy (viola), dianthus, and clover. We will continue to develop new products sequentially to expand our "Dried Pressed Flowers" lineup.
4.How to use "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers" and recipes
The "Dried Pressed Flowers" can be used as-is on cookies and cakes, hardened over melted chocolate or candy, or floated in drinks and soups.
●Hints for use
- When pasting on cookies, it is possible to paste them neatly when they are dried after being pasted with water syrup or starch paste. To make starch paste, mix 1 tablespoon of potato starch with 40 ml of water and heat over low heat until the mixture thickens. After pasting, heat and dry the paste in a low temperature (about 110°C) oven for 10-15 minutes to completely dry out the paste.
- After the chocolate is melted, the pressed flowers are floated before it hardens, then cooled and hardened.
- When binding into candy, melted Palatinit can be used to make transparent pressed flower candy.
●The recipe for "Dried Pressed Flowers" is also available on the official cotta page.
|Chocolate Lemonade Muffins
|Chocolate Chiffon Cake
5. How to preserve "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers"
Eating Oshibana can be stored at room temperature, but refrigeration is recommended when the temperature is high (30°C=86°F or higher), such as indoors during the summer, to prevent the color of the flowers from fading.
In addition, since these products do not contain any preservatives or coloring agents, the original color of the flowers will gradually fade due to direct sunlight, humidity, and oxygen. To prolong the color of the flowers as much as possible, we recommend storing them in a zippered bag with a desiccant in a cool, dark place (refrigerator) after opening the package.
6. How to order "Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers"
"Uzunohana Dried Pressed Flowers" can be purchased directly at our online site below.
Available in the U.S.A.
Jul 2022～Jun 2023